GIS Technician/ Community Planner
Executive Director of CUPPAD
The GIS Technician will be responsible for making maps, customized Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and manipulating data to serve a variety of purposes. They will read and interpret maps, manipulate, and understand digital land data and manage data entered a GIS database. They will also assist planners with planning activities as necessary.
- Assists the GIS Specialist with updating GIS parcels layers with 911 information. Creates maps for analysis and writes documents to support the analysis. Works with local communities to gather information for map development or updates.
- Provides technical support as needed for MDOT work programs through road rating, traffic counts and support to local road agencies through asset management systems.
- Creates and maintains online mapping products that support economic development tools; provides online maps to promotes various projects throughout the region, provides technical support to local members when needed.
- Assists the GIS Specialist with the non-motorized plan through map and plan development. Assist the GIS Specialist with other regional map and planning projects as needed.
- Works on a variety of tasks related to state and federal contracts; works with the Planning Staff and GIS Specialist in preparing maps and analysis that support master and recreation plan development; provides zoning maps to local units of government as needed.
- College degree in geographic information systems, information technology, earth sciences, geography, urban planning, or closely related field
- Ability to use Esri Software to perform basic tasks, create maps, and data editing.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL server and database management.
- Proficient in ArcMap, ArcPro and ArcGIS Online applications.
- Ability to georeference/geocode data.
- High proficiency in written communications
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Maintains effective working relationships with colleagues and others contacted during business.
How to apply:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.